Wellness step #12: Hydrate
A simple gesture, but unmissable step in our wellbeing: hydration. It is defined as an (essential) action of physical and mental wellbeing and its benefits are numerous. Here are a few :
• Eliminates toxins from the body (such as
our dry saunas and steam rooms)
• Facilitates digestion
• Heals small ailments such as a cough, fever or sore throat
• Keeps body temperature at a constant level
• Gives a beautiful skin tone
• Moisturizes the hair
• Enables the proper functioning of cells and organs (kidneys, heart, lungs, etc.)
• Promotes oxygenation of the brain and helps concentration
• Promotes a good night’s sleep
• Lubricates muscles during sports sessions
To promote your hydration, herbal teas and rooibos, caffeine-free drinks, are a very good option. Here are our 3 favorites from our brand aboard, David’s Tea:
Organic cinnamon rooibos chai
A mix of sweet and spicy flavors, this rooibos (without caffeine) pairs perfectly with cinnamon. This sweet beverage is perfect for the colder months to provide warmth to your intire body.
With a bit of sweetness and tang, this hibiscus tea will charm you! To give you a hint of energy, this fruity and completely natural sugar is one of the most popular.
The organic glow
With mixed flavors of herbs, flowers, cinnamon and citrus, this rooibos tea (without caffeine) is filled with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Perfect for the cold winter season to help shield our bodies from the cold winds.
What is your favorite hot drink?