A comforting menu for a wave of flavors
October is flying by, sweaters are making way and the plaid is coming back.
Constance, Brand Manager and Maeva, Marketing Intern are cooking up a comforting storm of their favorite recipes! Succumb to Constance’s macaroni and cheese, a creamy and tasty dish. Finish off with a savoury touch with Maëva’s chocolate fondants. All that’s left to do is cook, savour and melt with delight.
Constance’s Macaroni and Cheese recipe
Preparation time : 30 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- One package of macaroni
- Half a stick of butter
- ½ cup of flour
- 4 cups of milk
- 1 onion
- 1 bloc of cheddar cheese
- 150g of blue cheese
- 100g of parmesan
- A few green onions
- Chilli flakes
- ½ spoon of salt
- ½ spoon of pepper
- ½ spoon of paprika
- Cook the pasta.
- Grate and cut the cheeses and mix everything together.
- Prepare the béchamel sauce: cut the onion into small cubes and cook it in the butter. Wait for the onion it to soften, then add the flour. Mix for a few minutes before adding the milk little by little. Continue mixing until the mixture thickens.
- Turn off the heat, add the spices and then add one cup of the cheese mixture. Mix, then add a second cup.
- Add the béchamel to the pasta and mix.
- Stir half of the pasta into an ovenproof dish, add one cup of cheese, then top with the remaining half of the pasta. Add the rest of the cheese, and top with breadcrumbs.
- Put the dish in the oven on broil for a few minutes until the top browns.
- Serve with green onions and chili flakes.
Chocolate Fudge by Maeva
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Serves : 4
- 120g of dark chocolate
- 60g of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 3 eggs
- 35g of butter
- Start by preheating the oven to 410°F.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a saucepan to obtain a smooth paste.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs, flour and sugar. Add the chocolate and mix together.
- Pour a third of the mixture into individual ramekins.
- Place two squares of chocolate on top of the dough and cover with the remaining mixture.
- Place the ramekins in the oven for about 12 minutes, and keep an eye on the cooking time to ensure perfect melting.
- Let them cool down and enjoy!
For pleasure with less effort, discover the dishes of the restaurant La Traversée on board! Enjoy seasonal dishes, made from fresh local produce.
Photo credits: IgorDutina / Stanislav Honcharuk