5 easy recipes for your lunch box
With the kids back in school and work already piling up, the last thing you want to think about is the content of your lunch box.
We have listed 5 easy recipes to feed your stomach and your family’s hassle free!
1. Pasta salad with tuna, corn and cherry tomatoes
Summer flavors are still among us! Add a touch of sun to your lunch with this simple and economical salad.
- 375 g (3/4 lb) of fusillis
- 500 ml (2 cups) of cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 English cucumber, cut in quarters and sliced
- The grains of 2 ears of corn, cooked (about 500 ml/2 cups)
- 250 ml (1 cup) of feta cheese, diced OR 250 ml (1 cup) of mini bocconcinis)
- 1 can of 198 g (7 oz) of light tuna, drained
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) of olive oil
- Juice from 1 lime
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) of fresh basil or of chopped parsley
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) of sugar
- salt and pepper
Find the complete recipe here www.ricardocuisine.com
Photo copyright: Ricardo Cuisine
2. Sandwich au kale
We vote yes on kale! But as a sandwich. In 5 minutes, this lunch will bring you high nutrient density and a multitude of flavors.
- 1 bunch of well-chopped green kale or a well- cleaned cabbage
- 1/2 cup of grilled and coarsely chopped almonds
- 1 onion or minced French shallot
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp. of cold pressed olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- The est of 1/2 organic lemon (optional)
Find the complete recipe here www.mangersantebio.org
Photo copyright: Association Manger Santé bio
3. Naan pizza naan with blueberries, fresh goat cheese and caramelized onions
Think savory and healthy pizza !
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon of organic honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 branches of chives
- 140g of fresh goat cheese
- 1/2 tasse (70g) of fresh blueberries
- 2 naan breads
- 1/2 cup of arugula
4. The Big Tuna
The tuna sandwich is an old favorite of our lunch boxes, but this time we’ve revamped it with cheddar cheese. The perfect time to test the American tuna melt!
- Tuna salad (tuna+mayo)
- Green onions
- Your choice of bread
5. Leek and goat salted pie
As you’ve probably noticed, goat cheese is one of our favorites in the kitchen! Arranged with leeks, the mixed flavors will surprise you, for the better.
- 5-6 phyllo pastry sheets
- 1/3 cup melted salted butter
- 1 leeks cut into small pieces
- 125g of goat cheese
- The juice and zest of half a lemon
- 1 egg (optional)
Happy back to school and of course, bon appétit !