Pregnancy is a milestone in the lives of many women, bringing with it much joy, but also some challenges. This aim of this section is to provide tools to deal with some of the less pleasant symptoms, help you to remain active during your pregnancy, reduce stress levels, and make this unique moment in time memorable.
Most experts agree on certain points:
– Light exercises like yoga and Pilates are highly recommended throughout pregnancy.
– Massage therapy is strongly recommended during the 2nd and 3rd trimester.
– It is crucial for pregnant women to reduce the level of stress, either by resting, engaging in relaxing activities, or even delighting in a beauty treatment.
Pregnancy, the water circuit and thermotherapy… our recommendations!
FOR THOSE FAMILIAR WITH THERMOTHERAPY
For women accustomed to the water circuit ritual, some precautions are necessary, but you should certainly allow yourself to enjoy its relaxing properties:
Sauna and wet steam:
1. Reduce your intervals (for example, instead of 15 minutes, try 5 to 10 minutes)
2. Sit on the lower bench where the heat is less intense
3. Drink lots of water … and then little more!
4. If you feel dizzy, exit the sauna or steam bath immediately. Respond to the signals that your body gives you.
1. Cold bath: If the cold bath is too cold (e.g. in winter), choose a shower, which can be less intense.
2. Whirlpool: Very hot baths should be avoided both at home and in our hot tubs (but nothing prevents you from soaking your feet, always avoiding direct jets).
3. Pool : since May, the pool in the gardens is accessible enjoy our beautiful outdoor pool.
FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED THERMOTHERAPY
Pregnancy is not a good time to try thermotherapy for the first time. In addition, very hot baths should be avoided both at home and in our hot tubs (but feel free to soak your feet, always avoiding direct jets).
One thing is certain; pregnancy should not prevent you from taking advantage of Bota Bota’s water circuit. Even if you do not enter the hot tubs or use the facilities reserved for thermotherapy (i.e. the saunas, steam baths and cold baths), you and your baby will enjoy a moment of relaxation: be cradled in a cosy hammock, curl up next to one of our portal window, or from the month of May onward, enjoy our beautiful outdoor pool.
Due to the various uncertainties relating to the use of water circuit, we encourage you to exercise discretion. We recommend that you always consult your doctor before starting an activity with which you are not familiar, or if you have a specific medical condition.
*** Please note that all treatments listed below are adapted to the needs of pregnant women.